I have already written that How to Configure Dialup Connection in Fedora Linux Operating System and How to Install Huawei Data Card Driver in a Linux Fedora OS. Today, In this article, I am going to show How to Configure Dialup Connection In Redhat Linux and Other Linux Distribution.
How to Configure Dialup Connection In Redhat Linux and Other Linux Distribution :
1. Make sure pppconfig has been installed on the current system.
2. Now, to make a dialup connection, Open the Terminal tool and change the user into root. (command is : sudo su)
3. Now enter the password of root and hit enter from keyboard to login to root user.
4. Enter the shell command “pppconfig”, and then click “Enter” button.
5. Now, Select “Create Create a Connection” item on the Main Menu.
6. Enter the provider name of your ISP (e.g. Uninor, Airtel etc). Or you can make the default for it.
7. Select “Use dynamic DNS” item on the Configure Nameservers panel.
8. On the Authentication Method for provider panel, you can select PAP or CHAP for your need. For default, it is PAP.
9. Enter the User Name given to you by your ISP. By default, you can enter the user name of you current Linux system for it.
10. Enter the password given to you by your ISP. By default, you can enter the password of the current Linux system user name.
11. Make the default settings for the modem port speed (Default speed of modem port is 115200).
12. You can make the default settings for the method of dialing is “Tone”.
13. Enter the Phone Number given to you by your ISP. In generally, it is *99# for WCDMA or GSM and #777 for CDMA.
14. Select “Yes” on the Choose Modem Config Method panel.
15. Select the item of “Manual Enter the port by hand”.
16. Enter the name of the modem port on the current Linux system. In general, the name of modem is /dev/ttyUSB_utps_modem.
17. Check your settings on the “Properties of provider” panel. If it is all right, then select the item of “Finished Write files and return to main menu”.
18. Click “OK” on the Finished panel.
19. Now select the item of “Quit Exit this ultility” on the Main Menu panel.
20. Enter the shell command as shown in the below image and then press “Enter” button (echo -e “AT+CGDCONT=1,”IP”,”uninor”r” > /dev/ttyUSB_upts_modem).
Note: The string “uninor” is the apn name and it changes from one operator to the other.
21. After you finished the dialing up settings for the data card modem, you can execute the command of “pon” on the terminal. And then the modem will dial up to connect with Network.
22. If you want to disconnect, you can execute the command of “poff” on the Terminal, and then click “Enter”.