Some Huawei modems after flashing also it does not ask for the unlock code. Like you may have already faced earlier problem about Airtel Huawei E173CS-1 latest firmware. We have already given the solution for this modem, but in this post we want to highlight some topics. Recently when I was unlocking some Airtel Modem, a few modems was asking for unlock code while putting another SIM on the modem but some of them was not asking for unlock code. If you have also stuck after getting the unlock code, what you will do? Huawei modems are asking for unlock code then its will get unlocked after the providing the unlock but what you will do if your modem is not asking for the unlock code.
Simply follow the steps to unlock the huawei modem which is not asking for unlock code :
1. After flashing the airtel E173CS-1 or any another modem download the Huawei Modem Code Writer Tool from the link provided below after the article.
2. Extract the zip file and run the HUAWEI MODEM Code Writer.exe.
3. Now plug your flashed Huawei modem in your computer.
4. Now click on “Please Select Com Port” button and it will open a small window.
5. Click on Detect button and select the port.
6. After selecting the Com port click on Accept button.
7. Now click on Unlock Modem button.
8. Now its will open a new windows asking for unlock code.
9. Here, provide the Unlock Code (8 digits) which you have already and after that click on OK button.
Now you have a unlocked Huawei 3G modem in your hand. Enjoy.